Chicken, pineapple, cashews and crushed red pepper mixed with carrots, onion, scallions, mushrooms, snow peas stir fried in a chicken broth, oyster sauce, honey, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar mixture. Served over long grain Chinese white rice.
3 1/2 oz peeled Chinese Yam (potatoes can be substituted)
1 egg (beaten)
14 oz Lean Pork
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Teaspoons Rice Wine
9 oz Vegetable Oil
1 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoons chopped Scallions
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 large Fennel Bulb
1 Teaspoon fresh chopped Ginger
2 cups Beef Stock
1. Boil, peel and mash the yam or potato.
2. Mince the pork.
3. Mix with the yam mash, rice wine, 1 tsp. of the soy sauce, salt, and 1 tsp. of the ginger.
4. Stir in one direction until the pork and yam paste stiffens
5. Shape it lightly into four flattened balls.
6. Mix egg, cornstarch, and 1 tsp. soy sauce into a paste and coat the balls.
7. Heat the oil in wok over medium heat to moderately hot.
8. Deep-fry the meatballs until they are reddish-brown.
9. Drain, and place in a heat-proof bowl.
10. Add the scallion, the remaining 3/4 tsp. ginger, the fennel, and stock, and place the bowl in a steamer.
11. Steam the meatballs until done.
12. Discard the scallions, ginger and fennel.
13. Remove and serve.